VLADKO TODOROV PANAYOTOV
Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
Delegation to the EU-Chile Joint Parliamentary Committee
Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly
Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
Delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries
Shadow reporter for the ALDE group on the following dossiers:
– WEEE Directive (Waste electrical and electronic equipment)
– Seveso Directive (Chemical Accidents)
– Raw Materials
– Opinion on he Energy Efficiency Directive.
- 1969-1975 – Moscow Chemical Technological Institute “D. I. Mendeleev”, Eng. in “Chemical cybernetics and main processes and devices in chemical industry”, excellent mark.
- 1977-1980 – Higher Institute of Mining and Geology, Sofia, Ph.D. student in Mineral Processing.
- 1980 – Defended Ph.D. thesis.
- 1975: engineer – Central Institute on Complex Automatics, Sofia.
- 1975 – 1977: regular military service.
- 1980 – 1990: researcher – Higher Institute of Mining and Geology, Sofia.
- 1986 – 1991: vice-director and director of the Centre for education, investigation and technologies’ implementation founded by the Higher Institute of Mining and Geology, Sofia and GORUBSO firm, Madan town.
- 1990 – 1995: senior researcher – University of Mining and Geology, Sofia.
- Since 1992 - head of ITM International (Industrial technologies in minerallurgy ) Ltd.
- Since 1994: reader in “Flotation methods for ores’ dressing” and in “Energy basis of flotation processes” at the College on Mining – Kardjali town.
- Since 1995: director of the College on Mining – Kardjali town.
- 1998: Defended Doctor of technical sciences thesis (Dr. Habil.).
- Since 2000: Professor on Mineral processing. Team leaded by Mr. Panayotov implemented three technologies and 4 systems for flotation improvement. Technologies developed have been presented in many countries, including Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Chile, India, Peru, Bolivia, etc. The main investigation and implementation work now is carried out in Chile.
- From 2007 until 2011 – vice-rector at the University of Mining & Geology “St Ivan Rilski”
- Since 2006 – member of Advisory committee in International Mineral Processing Congress
- Since 2007 - member of European parliament
- Since 2007 – foreign member of Russian Mining Academy
Fields of interest: new technologies in minerals’ processing (lead-zinc, copper-pyrite, copper-molybdenum selection), wastewater and washing acids purification, electrochemical technologies.
Membership: Union of Chemists in Bulgaria, Union of Scientists in Bulgaria, Editorial board of the Bulgarian journal Geology and Mineral Resources, Higher Testimonial Commission; Balkans Academy of Mineral Processing
Publications: over 160; 26 inventions; 3 monographs (in Bulgarian and in English); 4 text-books in the fields taught.
Projects: management and co-management of more than 20 projects (in Bulgaria and abroad).
- Gold medal of Plovdiv International Fair – 1989 for a technology implemented.
- The best Bulgarian engineer in the field of minerals’ dressing for the year 1991.
- Honoured citizen of Kardjali town 2005.
- 2 gold medals East West Euro Intellect – International exhibition, 2003.
- “Stara Planina” medal, the highest decoration of honour in Bulgaria.
Language skills: English, Russian, Spanish
Marital status: Married (1984), one son (1987) and a granddaughter.